The Unity Schools Old Students Association cordially invites you to a 1-day National Dialogue on Education
The event will be a One Day high level National Dialogue on Education, Good Governance and National Unity with the principal objective of providing a Forum for informed exchange of ideas and for exploring sources of cross-identity support for durable solutions to the present challenges that afflict National Unity and Co-existence in Nigeria.
This Summit is part of our commitment to enhancing mutual co-existence and addressing the crisis of human development in our country, in keeping with the objectives of the vision that informed the creation of the Unity Schools.
<strong>The objectives of the Association include, among others;</strong>
1) To rekindle the vision of the founding fathers of this nation who came up with the concept of Unity Schools as centers of academic excellence, national integration, leadership, capacity building and national unity.
2) To influence policy changes that would positively affect the admission, funding and administration of the Unity Schools.
3) To attract policy makers from both the public and private sectors to review in general, Secondary School Education in Nigeria and proffer strategies that would enhance the growth and development of secondary school education as a foundation for sound academic, moral education and national economic development.
4) To foster private sector participation in the funding of Unity Schools.
5) To engage Government at all levels and the private sector in constructive, positive advocacy, actions and initiatives geared towards revamping educational standards across our public schools.
6) To provide a platform for promoting and advising on the unity of the Nigerian Nation.
The main business of the summit/dialogue will take place in break-out, syndicate sessions which will be preceded by a high profile opening session.
<strong> The syndicate groups will be as follows:</strong>
• Education and Public Safety/Security
• Education and National Unity & Good Governance
• Education and Human Development & National Competitiveness.
Venue: Osun/Lagos Halls, Transcorp Hilton Hotel, Abuja.
Date: Thursday, 24 October 2013
The state of education in Nigeria requires all willing hands on deck. The future of our youths & our country depends on it. RSVP: Salim – +234 809 129 4401; or Zamani: +2348038661158; or Vera – +2348053076281
For further information, visit: www.Usosa.org.ng
Follow Usosa’s advocacy work on education reform on twitter <strong>@Usosaonline</strong>