The State Police Command’s spokesman, Mr. Ebere Amaraizu, who disclosed this in a statement yesterday, said that investigations had commenced to unravel the circumstances surrounding his death.
Odo was reportedly electrocuted on August 28, about 4.30pm right inside his sitting room while trying to plug an electronic gadget.
It was reported that his neighbours saw him lying dead in the sitting room while still holding a naked wire in his right palm.
”The Enugu state police command has commenced investigations with a view to unraveling the circumstances surrounding the sudden electrocution and death of one Aaron Odo of Umuoka village Umuavulu Abor in udi local Government Area of the state.
“The victim, who was alleged to have been electrocuted on August 28, 2012 at about 4.30pm in his parlour while trying to plug a certain electronic gadget was seen lying dead while still holding an alleged naked wire in his right palm,” the statement said.
Amaraizu said the victim until his death was a tenant to one Ugwu Donald of the same address.
Meanwhile, Odo’s corpse has been deposited at Our Saviour Mortuary at 9th mile corner for autopsy.
By Tony Edike