Female UNILAG student dies after she was electrocuted by high tension cable in New Hall


Shodehinde1Tragedy struck on Tuesday evening after an unidentified female student of University of Lagos (UNILAG) was electrocuted by high tension cable in New Hall.

The female student was walking along the “New Hall” bus stop when an high voltage electric cable fell off the pole striking her to death.
The student was immediately taken for treatment at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH), but gave up before the ambulance conveying her could reach the hospital.

At press time, the scene of the tragedy remains dangerous, as more students are seen walking beneath the pole unaware of the tragedy.

The fallen cable is still lying on the ground with rain drizzling over it as students walk closely along the path of the tragedy.

Although firefighters were called to the scene, they soon left after taking the victim from the scene leaving the entire area without cordoning it off or placing caution tape around it.

Students who witnessed the tragedy reported that they have been witnessing some electric sparks off the cables on the same electricity poles recently on the campus. The authorities did nothing until the fatal collapse of a high tension cable killing the female student happened this evening.

Some Unilag students have however taken to the social media to vent their frustrations about the sad incident. -Nigerianeye

 


About The Author

Our Reporter

An accomplished online marketer, with a proven ability to develop and implement Social media strategies that support a wide array of businesses.

Related posts